Sunday, April 23, 2006

Themed Environments



It's becoming easier and easier to create your own themed environment. If you go to Party City, for instance, there is an entire Luau aisle! I think this is wonderful.

One of the things I wonder, however, is who is supporting this industry. I mean, I was recently involved in turning Ben's living room into a Tiki room, but we were very aware of the absurdity of it as we did it. Are the other customers in the Luau aisle also interested in being intentionally absurd? If so, is that weird?

(On a different note, if you look closely at the coffee table, you'll see some Caguama beers. I've only seen them in L.A. If anyone knows where to get them on the east coast, please let me know.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat Hansen said...

I wonder if in Hawaii you can get materials for a grad-student apartment themed Luau.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home