Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Baja Fresh


After a quick weekend stopover in Buffalo, I'm now officially back in the suburbs of Washington D.C. As befits my new station, I went to Baja Fresh for dinner. It was depressing, a fact that was exagerated by the following two mistakes of mine:

(1) I ordered the standard burrito, instead of the "Mexicano" version
(2) I ate inside

The standard burrito contains NO beans; instead, it consists mostly in bland veggies, rice, and chicken. Not spicy at all.

The interior of Baja Fresh was doubling depressing: the A/C was overwhelmingly cold and George Thorogood was overwhelmingly annoying as he and his kin blasted out of the inescapable sound system.

True to rumor, Baja Fresh does offer a fish taco, though I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon to try it. Maybe I will, but I certainly won't eat inside. And I might simply decline the chips; they, like the burrito, were practically tasteless.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy b-lo got a mention.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Charles P. Everitt said...

Well, I was hoping to do a whole post, with photos, from Buffalo, but I didn't get a chance to take pictures of either of the things I wanted to photograph: the Guaranty Building (which was right around the corner from the hotel) and the Butler Mansion. Poop.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, come back soon then.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home