Sunday, September 24, 2006

Una Pizzeria Napoletana



You're looking at the best pizza I've ever had in North America. It's divine. I can still taste the flavor of it in my mouth now, a week later. (It reminds me of Father's Office in that regard, actually.) Just on the basis of one visit, this restaurant has made my list of yearly things to visit.

Contrary to internet rumor, they do have tap water. They brought it to the table in a bottle, in fact, without being asked. And the owner/pizzaiolo was quite friendly. He seemed genuinely appreciative when I went up to him afterwards and complemented his pies.

Three comments:

(1) It was slightly watery. I think the tomatoes could've been drained just a little bit more.

(2) They need a better beer selection. It's fine if they want to keep it real by offering only Italian beers, but there have got to be better Italian beers than Moretti and Peroni. Aren't there? (Come to think of it, I bought some expensive Italian beer recently at the Italian Store and it sucked even worse than Moretti and Peroni. Maybe there aren't any good Italian beers.)

(3) This is the only pizza I've ever had in the States that comes close to the pizzas I had in Naples. I know it sounds cliched, but the pizzas there really are sui generis. (Note: this is only true of Naples. The pizzas in the rest of Italy are very generic and, in fact, often suck.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home