Sunday, July 01, 2007

Goodbye to the Venice Bungalow




So we moved out of our Venice bungalow yesterday. It was a sad day for me, because it was the first place I ever rented that I was actually proud of living in. I tried to get my family out to come and see it--especially the side container garden I put together--but they couldn't make it.

Pictured above is the small safe Meredith bought for me. I'm a bit of a security freak and our bungalow was decidely not secure. First of all, it backed onto hobo alley. Second, with only a little effort the windows were removable, so getting in didn't require breaking in. Both Meredith and myself locked ourselves out at different times and each of us found our way back in without anyone's help and without breaking anything. So when I first saw the bungalow an immediate thought I had was that it was that I would have to do something to secure my all-important laptop and hard drives. Searching ebay, I found the small safe above. I screwed it into the wall of the pantry and put together the wooden door hiding it. Sadly, I never got around to painting the wooden door the same color as the rest of the pantry (which I had painted when we first moved in). Nevertheless, it was pretty well hidden.

Goodbye sweet bungalow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never got my folks to come visit the Dorchester apt. either. :/

n

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home