Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Song Que




I liked Song Que's banh mi sandwich the best of the bunch I tried at the Eden Center, but I still think Banh Mi DC Sandwich (down Route 50) is the best I've ever had. Song Que's banh mi is the spiciest I've had, which I liked, but overall I thought the ratio of bread to filling was too high and the filling itself wasn't crispy and juicy enough. Mostly, it was just spicy. The short and stubby roll was a change from Banh Mi DC Sandwich's ultra-long baguettes, but in the end I have to say working my way through it just reinforced my sense that a nice long banh mi roll beats out a thick fat one any day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like a sandwich when it has too much bread.

That Wendy's "Where's the Beef" ad series, which featured an enormous bun overwhelming a tiny patty, pretty much had this issue sussed.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home