Friday, December 08, 2006

The Internet

So it's midnight Friday night and I'm sitting at the computer listening to a YouTube video of my favorite DJ, Muro, and the scene I'm listening to in the YouTube video is about 1,000 times cooler than the scene at the holiday party I just left, a party organized by my condo association and held at a local seafood restaurant. There, the "DJ" was playing Jamiroquai and people were singing along. But there's two simple facts that are glaringly obvious to me right now:

(1) I'd rather be having a conversation at the seafood restaurant with Jamiroquai in the background than sitting here at the computer posting to my blog with Muro playing in the background.

(2) As cool as it is that I'm able to sit here listening to Muro DJ at some bar in Tokyo, it's really not comparable to actually being at a bar in Tokyo listening to Muro DJ live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home