Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sounds Like Jimmie Rodgers

When I go to Hennessy + Ingalls and see that there's a new book on themed environments, I'm happy but not surprised to find that I'm not alone in being interested in the extent to which we now live, work, and play in spaces that aim to make us feel as if we're somewhere else. But when I accidentally find out that there's a four CD box set called "Sounds Like Jimmie Rodgers" ... well, I'm happy but amazed. I mean, I don't know how many times I've searched allmusic, amazon, google, etc., for artists who were influenced by or covered the songs of Jimmie Rodgers. But I never--I mean never--thought to simply write "sounds like Jimmie Rodgers" into any search engine. Because I never thought someone (else) would put together a box set of artists who sound like Jimmie Rodgers and release it under that title. Maybe the world's not such a lonely place after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Elliott said...

The more I find that other people already have the same ideas as me, the lonelier I feel. It makes communication seem so unnecessary.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home