Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lincoln Boulevard


I've always been fascinated with Lincoln Boulevard, a north-south 4-lane road that runs from Santa Monica to LAX. It's lined with stores and restaurants, but it's hard to believe that any of them are actually open for business. They all look as if they haven't been renovated in thirty years--they're quite bleached by the sun--and they rarely have parking lots of their own, which in L.A. makes you wonder how anyone would go to them. Check out the Hoagie Stand above, for instance. I've driven by it 100 times and I always assumed it was out of business. But when I walked up to it to take this picture, I discovered it's open. There were even customers in line.

Expect to see a lot more photos of Lincoln Blvd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nat Hansen said...

I hope you asked Meredith for Lincoln clearance before you started this project.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Nat Hansen said...

To clarify the previous cryptic comment, I was alluding to Larry David asking Cheryl whether he had Lincoln clearance before using the road, rather than the freeway, to go to LAX.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Charles P. Everitt said...

I'm such an idiot, I didn't get your joke until you explained it. What makes me a true idiot is that not even a week ago, last thursday night, Meredith and were driving south on the 405 to LAX and when it started to get congested I turned to her and said, "If it gets any more congested, I'm going to have to ask for Lincoln clearance." Luckily for us, it didn't get too bad and we made it to LAX in no time at all.

In fact, we were early enough for an In-N-Out quickie. Fries to go.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home