Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Old and New



I've had the brown New Balance 574's above (top photo) for over two years. I first saw a pair of them on Josh S. in Chicago, and I had to have them. Sadly, they appeared to be completely sold out. But Meredith found a pair online, and I've been wearing them ever since. As you can see, they're pretty groody (sic?) at this point.

I've been looking for another pair of all-brown sneakers ever since, and New Balance has recently issued a new version of my all-brown 574's, though it differs in significant ways from mine (it's not all leather, the "N" is shiny patent leather, and the back heel is shiny plastic). Which gets me to the bottom photo. They're a pair of 25th anniversary Nike Air Force One's that Meredith got for me last week at Undefeated, on Main St. in Santa Monica. I wore them on my trip to NM, and they were pretty comfy. We'll see if they last two years, though.

Side note: My 574's may be old, but they'll never compare to the pair of sneakers that PJ wore for the first 3 or 4 years of grad school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home