Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Delicious Idea


Meredith and I went out for a farewell meal with our friend Carolle last week, before Carolle had to leave town to go back to her home in northern New Jersey. We ate at the newer Korean mall on Western, the one with outdoor seating. After dinner we shopped in the downstairs supermarket and I bought a beer I'd never seen before: it was called Max, and brewed by the same brewers as Hite (a Korean beer for sale at most Korean restaurants). Hite is almost absurdly un-beer-like. Meredith likes it, but probably because it tastes like soda water, which she also likes. So I didn't have very high hopes for Max. I was, however, intrigued by the can, pictured above.

Ben and I tried Max last weekend. It was fine, though it had a slightly distasteful aftertaste. Maya tried one before we did, and gagged in response to her first sip and claimed to be unable to finish the entire can, but Ben and I thought this was a bit of an overreaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home